Monday, February 3, 2014

King Arthur and a Little Confusion

Overall I think, I am going to learn a lot from this class. I did do the readings and I have learned a lot about King Arthur that has challenged my perception of who King Arthur was. To know that he was just a man -a very large man- is really cool. I would have never of guessed that his shin bone would stand taller than the the shin bone to the tallest man at the excavation site. Also it is really interesting to learn about Arthur's father Uther Pendragon (Dragon's Head) and the time before Arthur became King.

Also, I expected there to be more about merlin in the story. I really wish there was more about Merlin because of what I do know about the King Arthur story Merlin was an interesting character that was really influential on the entire story. Furthermore, I wanted to learn about Excalibur and the Sword and the Stone.

Although, I have learned a lot so far I am still a little confused of how things are happening because I am not to familiar with the King Arthur story. I also don't think the combination of campus closings and me being gone for a class has helped in my favor either. I am confident though that things will start to make more sense once I get into the classroom and the timeline should start to complete for me.

2 comments:

  1. The weather has definitely killed any continuity we might have had. Don't worry - there's plenty more to come, including lots of Merlin! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked reading the story about Uther Pendragon. Based on our class discussion, I thought that Arthur's story is a mix of primarily legend, history, and fact. Uther's story is different because it is more of fictional story with fantasy elements. It is interesting that Arthur's story comes out of magic.

    ReplyDelete