Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Knight of the Cart comments

I found this reading to be very amusing and entertaining. From the off the wall conversations, to the crazy, intriguing scenarios, I found myself having crazy looks and smurks on my face reading every page.

First off, I find it ironic how you could have someone come tell you that they
have your people held hostage and you basically just reply with saying "Oh that sucks". Then agree to abide by whatever this person requests.  Kay basically tells the King, "Hey I have your people, and there is no way you can get them back, oh, and you will die before you are able to save them". And the King literally just takes it.When I read this I was confused, considering my impression is that a knight will fight till the end and won't let anyone walk all over them. Then the queen is just handed over to Kay upon his request like it's a walk in the park.

What kept my mind racing was once the king, Gawain, and the knights decide to go find the queen and run into the dwarf,  the knight (Lancelot)  ends up roaming around in a cart while practically being tormented by other people. Talk about a sacrifice. They all are staring at him, yelling atrocious comments to the dwarf and neither the dwarf nor the knight decide to respond.That would be terrifying having everyone around you knowing your business and asking questions out loud about how you may be killed. Definitely not my cup of tea!

Okay, not trying to skip over numerous details, cause this reading is awesome, but I have to get to my favorite part. When the girl informs everyone of the paths to get to the queen, and how each one will involve encounters with extreme difficulty, this created a suspenseful kind of rush for me. My visualization consisted of a dark background and that serious, suspenseful kind of music when it sounds like all hell is about to break loose. I pictured Lancelot gaining confidence and the nobility that a knight consists of, and the determination to rescue the beloved queen.

Actually, he gains so much confidence, that it causes him to ignore a guard that is prohibiting him from crossing the ford, and is suddenly struck off his horse. Not exactly how we probably pictured that to turn out but hey, knights aren't perfect.

This reading was a roller coaster of emotions and I enjoyed every page, even with some of it seeming odd, but that's what makes it fun to read. I felt that I could understand the style of the way this was written because it seemed more modernized for me. Awesome reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment