Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Arthur vs. Predator


I’m still sticking to my movie idea of King Arthur vs. Predator.  I feel as though if it weren’t a movie, then it could be a comic book or graphic novel for sure! I had the idea when I saw my dad looking at one of the Wolverine vs. Predator comic. It gave me some ideas of Arthur vs. Alien, but Predator is pretty badass, and I’d like to see two badass fighters go at it.  I think if I were to cast Arthur in such a role, I think it would be Chris Hemsworth, just because I’ve seen him as Thor and it would see him just as fitting playing King Arthur.
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/bf/bffdf88b6a00892088ba4a8da40ac943d35e2ffc1bde5789e8908770ecc3cdbe.jpg

I did like Ruth’s idea about the BBC version with Mi6/SIS agents. However, whenever I think of this I think of James Bond (probably because I watched Skyfall the other night).  But I think would have definite potential.  Would Daniel Craig be a good Arthur, if it were ever a topic?

With regards to my theory of Leonardo DiCaprio playing Lancelot (in any King Arthur film adaptation) I still think it would be a perfect match.  I know we all dislike Lancelot, but the attractive features that characterize him match perfectly to how any girl would see Leonardo DiCaprio (well…in my opinion). Even if he is a hated character but is “beautiful” on screen, I do recall a certain movie in which DiCaprio played a vicious plantation owner (Django Unchained). Here we have the same scenario because everyone loves Leonardo DiCaprio, but his character is a terrible, cold hearted plantation owner, in which the audience is obviously going to hate. However, being the hated character that he is, we still find him interesting nonetheless. In fact, besides Christoph Waltz’s character, Calvin Candie (DiCaprio) was my second favorite character in the movie. This, in my opinion, would be the same outcome I could see happening if DiCaprio were to ever be casted as Lancelot.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qK9k9S6pzRM/UVcngUwZ_ZI/AAAAAAAAAkk/siR-P4rc_L8/s1600/curiosity+leo.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I agree with Arthur vs. Predator. But I do agree that they are two bad assed, which would be interesting. Especially to see them go at it. Although DiCaprio has played some not so popular characters, he is an amazing actor and would be an amazing Lancelot. Although his character would be hated, he would kick ass in this role. And I do agree with you about Ruth's idea, it reminds me a lot of James Bond. (Its not just cuz you watched Skyfall.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Daniel Craig could make a really good Gawain, or even a sympathetic Mordred... Somebody badass. But I just don't see him being an Arthur. He seems like he would play a really skilled knight, but I just don't see him being cast as the ultimate symbol of chivalry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can really see Daniel Craig as Mordred. I'd go just for him!

    ReplyDelete