Thursday, April 24, 2014

If You Vote For Me All Of Your Wildest Dreams Will Come True





SO in the spirit of Knight Life, I thought it was only appropriate for a Napoleon Dynamite reference and supporting picture because it was a very....interesting movie that I used to quote in middle school. Also I feel that the idea of Pedro is very similar to King Arthur because his campaign is a little strange, as is his speech. He begins with "Hello, I don't have much to say. But I think it would be a good idea to bring some holy Sancho's to the high school..." which is definitely bizarre and attention grabbing. But whoa! This takes place in a high school which is the same as Avalon High! Look at me making connections, no it's okay, I know it's not funny. But yeah, Pedro, King Arthur, and I never thought I would be connecting the two, but I mean I think its okay since Knight Life was supposed to be funny or the author probably wouldn't have had weird demons, an invisible sword, a really dumb Percival, a whimpering Gwen, and a 9-year-old Merlin with as people have been mentioning...a lot of sass.



Also this book reminded me of a movie that I watched a long time ago and only remember the basic premise but it was called "A Kid in King Arthur's Court." Mostly because of the weird time gap in Knight Life and this movie; however, the big difference is that the modern kid is thrust into the world of Camelot instead of King Arthur being thrust into the modern world. It is a bit of a swap. Anyway I just get excited when I remember things and can relate them to the times when I was growing up. I haven't watched this movie in a LONG time and then after Knight Life I was like "Oh man this movie." However, it might be because I am also reading "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" but it still came through! I was just wondering how it would be if the roles were swapped, and if it was just a regular person from today that was tripping into a time portal to Camelot. I mean I would probably accidentally look at someone weird in the first two minutes and get chopped up ( they probably made this a kids movie to avoid the fact of imminent death) but hey there is always that small percentage of survival in this imaginary scenario that will never happen. But just imagine a kid from the modern world trying to become a knight! It is just as hilarious and ridiculous!

3 comments:

  1. It's funny that you compared this to Napoleon Dynamite, just cause I would never think about that movie in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not expecting to see Napoleon Dynamite and Arthur together in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the examples. It's funny to see Pedro related to King Arthur just because if anyone has seen Napoleon Dynamite it just makes this 10x funnier. I find it even more hilarious because they're situations are quite similar!

    ReplyDelete