Friday, February 14, 2014

The Knight of the Cart

I don't know about anyone else, but this reading was fantastic. There were numerous parts in the story that brought to life what I had imagined this time period being like. For instance, the part in the story where Lancelot jousted with his opponent. To me, jousting comes to mind every time I here the word "knight". Also the loyalty that is shown throughout the story is something that comes to mind when I think of knights. The story also captured my interest because of the way it was written. The way the that it was written using both old and modern day language helped to better understand it whereas other texts with related material might be written in a way that is hard to read and understand because of the style of language it is written in. The parts that I find the most interesting is the part where the women is supposedly being raped. At first when Lancelot arrives at the woman's home she tells him that no one else besides she lives there. Then a few paragraphs later there are men all around her. But that is still not the part that I find interesting. Lancelot begins to fight the men and is cut by an ax. He then ends up killing one of the men. Again, this is not the part that I find the most interesting. the part that i find interesting is that after Lancelot is injured and after he kills a guy, the women dismisses the men who were attacking her and tells the knight that he has nothing to worry about. I find this interesting because since she dismisses the men, that means that they were under her command. Not only did Lancelot become injured in the "fight", but one of the men died. I interpreted this as an order that was given knowing that someone might be injured or even killed. That is amazing that someone could be so loyal to someone. The other part I enjoyed was the sword bridge section. In the beginning when they said that the bridge was called sword bridge, I had no idea that it was an actual sword. I loved the part where Lancelot  took his armor from his hands and feet off. It was an actual sword and he takes of his armor. Granted, it was in order to get a better grip, but still that is insane. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment