Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Crazy Stupid Love

After reading The Fair Maid Of Astolat, I really come to hate reading stories of Lancelot. They are always the same thing; Lancelot meets a woman and she take one look at him and BAM, she loves him to death -literally in some cases. Lancelot reminds me of Ryan Gosling in the movie Crazy Stupid Love, he's a player that needs to get his heart broken.
"girl, I'll break your heart."
On another note I really like that Malory gave Sir Lavayne some ability. It takes a pretty good knight to take on ten knights of the the round table. Also, I just really like his name it's different, which is cool.

Overall when I think of this story I think of A Knight's Tale and how William Thatcher gets wounded when he takes a token from Jocelyn. I do like this story even though it is painful to read about Lancelot's adventures.

2 comments:

  1. Even though I too am a little tired of Lancelot, I feel like this class wouldn't be the same if he were only mentioned three or four times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Khyle...reading one Lancelot story after another after another is like beating a dead horse. All the same, with one or two options to pick from for an ending. No wonder Lancelot was such a player. He could have any woman her wanted (including the Queen, obviously).

    ReplyDelete