Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Lady of Shalott

This poem was interesting. I am not going to lie, I had a very hard time understanding what this poem was talking about. At first, I thought it was only talking about how Camelot looked and how the lady was floating down the river dead. After sitting in class and hearing it read aloud and discussing it as a group, I have a better understanding of the poem. Now that I know what it is about, I have a little more appreciation for this poem. I find the magic in this poem odd. The oddest part to me was the curse put on her that if she stopped weaving she would die. I want to know why this curse was put on her and who put it on her. And of coarse, Lancelot makes an appearance in the poem, and again, a girl falls in love with him. This is getting to be predictable. I understand Lancelot is an important part of Arthurian legend, but I would like to read more about other knights too. Sir Gawain and the Green Knight was a nice change in character. We should have more about him, as well as more about Arthur. You know, the guy whose name is in the class title?

Checkmate - Knight takes queen. Game over.

No comments:

Post a Comment