Sunday, April 13, 2014

Animation has come along way

I never watched The Sword in the Stone  as a child and watching it for my film project I was disappointed at first. This movie had a lot of animation issues that it noticed as I watched. When an object was suppose to appear in Warts hand, it showed up in the opposite hand or just the graphics in general got a lot of hate when  receiving feedback, but after watching it a second time I ended up really enjoying it and I picked up on a lot of similarities to our book. I was very surprised that our readings of The Once a Future King resembled the Disney movie so much. I found it interesting that in the Disney movie, Merlyn was not as scary and Stand offish as he has been portrayed in texts. I think it is because they made this a Disney movie, they do not want kids to be afraid of the characters in the movie. It was not surprising that merlyn's house had magical items and that he could see into the future. All authorian stories have some sort of magic in them that we have read so far. It is no longer a shocker that everyone is seducing each other and finding out later on that a persons related to someone else, so when Lancelot thinks the least of mordred in the book The Once a Future King and later finds out that he is Arthur's son, this was no shock to me or when Lancelot tells Arthur that Morgause seduced King Pellinore's. If  leaders of our world actdvlike this today, people would go crazy and demand consequences. I am looking forward to our next reading to see what lies ahead for King Arthur.

2 of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment