Wednesday, April 2, 2014

King Arthur's Death

The talk of the past few classes has been on the death of King Arthur. We discussed a few terms relating to the poem and my group and I's was elegy. I found that discussing this word and its meaning helped me to better understand the context of the poem. It is a type of poem or song that is generally very sad regarding ones death. In that case, it made reading this poem not so enjoyful at first. Compared to most of the other readings, we're used to battles and crazy, energetic things occurring. I believe all of those stories were mad to build up to this poem. It was almost a shock when reading the poem because of how gloom it was. However it was calming and left you feeling like things were coming to peace. We built up this respect and honor for King Arthur because of his heroic moments and victories that took place so when it came to his end, it would effect us readers more emotionally. His stories give us something to remember and I think it was smart to make his last story into a poem considering poems are genuinely more in depth and have some type of deep meaning behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment