Friday, May 2, 2014

Forget Me Not

           So I was thinking more about future films of Arthur, and I decided to put more effort into my idea about a film. I thought it would be a good idea to create a film where a less fortunate child finds an item that links Arthur to him so that Arthur can visit the kid and give him guidance to become the man Arthur has a reputation for.
            I basically started thinking of actors and actresses who could be the main characters of my film. The main characters would be the boy, his mom, and Arthur. I chose two actors for the boy because there is a younger version and an older version, but not super old. The older version would be like high school to college age. So here are my decisions:

Jackson Brundage as the younger boy


Alexander Ludwig as the young adult version


Gerard Butler as King Arthur



Gwyneth Paltrow as the mother


            The story starts off with the struggles of growing up with no father figure as well as his mother struggling to raise him by herself. The kid would not be considered part of the popular crowd, but he wasn’t a loser either. He gets through middle school, but his childhood catches up with him, and he starts to have problems with controlling his anger and other actions. His grades are fine, but his character is lacking virtue. Everyone starts to notice his self-destruction on the lacrosse field where he loses his head more than he loses the ball. One day while he’s shopping for a new lacrosse stick, he finds one he can’t take his eyes off of. All the kids on his team have sticks with “warrior” down the side, but this one says “Excalibur.”
            One day while practicing with his new stick, something weird happens and Arthur appears. The kid accepts Arthur’s promise and enthusiasm about making him the man his mother could be proud of. Every day that the kid goes to practice lacrosse on his own, Arthur appears and teaches him a new lesson. Meanwhile, Arthur is falling in love with the idea of existing in a new time period, as well as falling for the kid’s mother. By the end of the lacrosse season, the kid resembles the reputation Arthur promised.
            So yeah there’s the amount of creativity in one blog post that I usually exhibit in an entire month. I hope this idea isn’t already a thing. I’m not aware of a movie that has this plot, but I haven’t seen many movies. Anyway, good luck to everyone on finals, and I hope you enjoy your summer!

5 of 5

3 comments:

  1. I love your movie idea. It's amazing. I would love to see it played out. So far, I haven't seen a movie with this idea or concept. How did you come about this idea? Is there a specific reason you chose the actors/actress that you did? Or you could write more about it and it could become fan fiction. And then who knows where it could be. A movie eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of your star-studded lead roles! Haha I'd probably pay to go see your take on this Arthurian legend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking this treatment of Arthur--hope to see it on the big screen Kellen.

    ReplyDelete