Friday, May 2, 2014

Why Sean bean would make the best arthur

I know Dr. MB for some reason hates when we bring of GOT, but I really like the idea of Sean bean as King Arthur. Sean bean plays Eddard stark, an honorable man who is betrayed by the system he's trying to reform. I think this is a parallel to Arthur, who devises these honorable new institutions like the round table, and rules justly, but is ultimately betrayed, leading to the dissolution of all he's worked for. Both men were noble and were turned off by the intrigue and injustice in their kingdoms. Ultimately, they have in common that their ideals just weren't practical when it comes to ruling a kingdom. Sometimes, a few heads (hopefully Gwen or cersie) just have to be chopped off for there to actually be peace. I don't think Arthur or bean as Eddard had it in them to stoop to these levels, and their kingdoms bled as a result.

So that's the end of my rant.
But As a. Side note, if we were making a movie about a younger arthur, I vote kitt Harrington. I know I sad he would play a good Mordred, but he's a. Really versatile actor, and I'm pretty sure he's being vetted to play arthur in a new series coming out in 2016

Thanks to all of you guys for making this class one of the most enjoyable I've taken at hood. A lot of you are really smart and I can't can't compete at that higher level or make blog posts like y'all, but I really learned a lot from all of our discussion. Have a good summer, and if a green knight comes your way, just walk away...

1 comment:

  1. I 100% agree that Sean Bean would be perfect for Arthur

    ReplyDelete