Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Influence Map: King Arthur


Hey everyone! For the first blog post I decided to share my influence map and discuss the importance of each picture and what it symbolizes to me. I don't know very much about King Arthur so I searched for some examples that I thought represented a king.





When I hear King Arthur I think of a strong, noble man who was born during the Medieval time period. In my map I have 8 photos starting on the left with the musical "Camelot". I chose this photo because one of the first things we discussed in class that related to King Arthur was Camelot. The style of the two on the cover is a huge significance to me and make me think of King Arthur and how people dressed back in that time period.


The next picture is a knight on their horse fighting another knight with a sword. Because of my perception that King Arthur is strong, and the fact that he is a king, makes me visualize him fighting other knights.

Next is the picture of King Arthur sitting at the round table with all of his knights. They all have their swords lightly touching the table. This may signify that they are about to go out into a battle or it may be some type of ritual. I believe King Arthur to be caring of his knights and that he cares for them more than himself.

Now we have King Arthur holding a crown over his head. To me personally, this is the typical visualization someone would create when imagining a king. I believe most kings are confident, and the holding of the crown over his head symbolizes pride and honor.

In my fifth photo, there is the book "Legends of King Arthur Through The Ages". I haven't read this book but it is a book I would read because it would talk about numerous events throughout King Arthur's life. The old time print and scenery on the cover make me think about the time period King Arthur grew up in.

The largest and most influential picture in my map is King Arthur and the woman he is with. I don't know who she is, maybe his wife, a queen, or a stranger. She seems to have some type of control over him. There seems to be a serious situation going on and maybe it tests King Arthurs true strength. It is suspenseful and suspense comes to my mind when I think of King Arthur.

The crown makes me think of King Arthur and the materialistic item that symbolizes him as a king. Most people visualize a crown on a kings head, especially during Medieval times. The crown is a strong representation because only a king or queen has the power to wear it and is seen as sentimental.

Lastly, the last photo on the bottom left is a view of England. From what we've discussed in the past couple classes, I know some or maybe all of King Arthur's life took place in England. The way the buildings look and the sun shining over them resemble King Arthur and his surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment