Wednesday, March 5, 2014

King Arthur's death???

So we're soon to be reading the death of King Arthur. I haven't read much of King Arthur, but I was wondering how he dies. There are different versions, as there are different versions of how King Arthur is portrayed. I looked it up several places and came across this picture. I thought it was really artistic and detailed.


The first myth that I found about King Arthur's death is that King Arthur found out about Lancelot and Guinevere. King Arthur went to war with Lancelot and left Mordred in charge of his castle. Mordred wanted the castle for himself. Mordred and King Arthur became involved in a sword fight, where they both killed each other.


The second myth is that King Arthur never died at all. What happens is is that King Arthur is taken to a magical island called Avalon. While on Avalon, he heals from his wounds from his sword fight with Mordred. He is now waiting (at Avalon) to return to England when the people need him the most. I also read that the disappearance of King Arthur is the most interesting.

I am definitely intrigued in hearing what happens in our texts. I cannot wait to see how King Arthur disappears or dies.


5 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, the class voted not to read those stories. Glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though these were not voted for, I still may read about King Arthur's death. I'm interested because its such a huge deal when someone with such significance passes away. All of these sources you found seem like they would be good readings. I think I'd be most interested in him disappearing, creates more suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. most of what I have read, seems to insist that Arthur waits at Avalon to rule again, I will say that the death of Arthur is something that can be found in many stories, in many different fashions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I much prefer the idea that Arthur is on Avalon, healing and waiting until the time is right for him to return. It gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, the greatest king ever will return. I maybe crazy, but it's what I've got.

    ReplyDelete
  5. alas, your pictures are AWOL again!

    ReplyDelete