Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I am Arthur, vote me for Mayor !!

I want to discuss the reading of "Knight Life". Like we discussed yesterday in class, I would not vote for Arthur for Mayor because he has no idea what is going on in the world at the time he decides to run for Mayor. He has to quickly read the constitution to understand the rights that U.S. citizens have. This is not something a qualified candidate should have to do. If a person is running in a political race, they have to know the laws and regulations for the city they are running for. Also, what is the deal with having a nine year old campaign manager ? and the fact that he is hanging out with a bunch of old men ? This is just down right creepy !! I also think that if Arthur became Mayor, his king-like state of mind would take over. This would be a negative affect on society because Arthur would completely try and change our government and the way it is ran. I find it very odd that Arthur's opponents in the race where an attorney general and an actor ! This is like handing Arthur the position of Mayor by not having qualified candidates to run against. I also found it odd that Buddy and Elvis were included in this story since they are homeless men. There's nothing wrong with homeless people, I just did not see how this was related to a political race. It was hard to picture Arthur in New York City . I feel like he would be really out of place running for Mayor outside of a country where he is not from. I wonder if he changes his accent ? Arthur did make valuable points when addressing issues that the reporters presented to him. I thought it was funny when Arthur said people should purchase swords instead of guns because guns are to heavy for children to pick up. Children should not be holding guns anyways !! Although it was amusing that Arthurs commercial was like ten seconds long and to the point, but I really enjoyed that his commercial did not bash any of the other candidates like political commercials do today.



 I picture Arnold when thinking about the other candidates.
4 of 5 !!

2 comments:

  1. I understand that eh has not clue what he is doing but being under qualified doesn't mean that they will be a bad leader. In Crabb, Texas they voted an 11 year old boy as mayor and he ran on the campaign of trying to incorporate the town, so it wouldn't be annexed by Houston. He did fail because Texas has a law that requires mayors to be 18+.

    I would make the argument that the boy was under qualified yet he had a vision ran on it and won. Unfortunately due to a outside force he couldn't fulfill his vision.

    I think vision is something that is needed before anything else. Arthur has that and that's what matters. The best managers don't know everything the surround themselves with people that know what they don't, which he can do, so why not... VOTE ARTHUR PENN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was impressed at Arthur's ability to learn so much information so quickly. Given some time I think he could quickly gain a grasp on today's society and then it would be up to him adapting his medieval views to modern times.

    ReplyDelete