Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sass-master by the age of 9

I really liked this version of King Arthur because it was the most relatable. Yes, there are parts of it that seem a bit beyond belief such as a sassy 9 year old being a campaign manager, and that Gwen would betray Arthur as she did, but I thought over all it was more relatable because I can understand what it's like to run for Mayor (I haven't run for Mayor but in a general sense I understand the pressure) but I can never relate to blindly trusting people with my life because you want me to try on your mantle (that guy can go take a hike).

Also, I really like the fact that Merlin aged backwards it gave some fantasy to a pretty normal book. When I think of Merlin I think of School of Rock and the little sassy boy.


Really why did Gwen betray Arthur to Morgan. Like really, that is rude. Maybe there is a reason that we didn't cover from the excerpts but boo you Gwen. 

5 comments:

  1. Yes, the little kid... He's exactly who I thought of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed the fact that Merlin aged backwards and I was also glad that Gwen went back to Arthur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not surprised about Gwen at all, I feel like she always does something wrong and it was just a matter of time....it was either Lance or direct affliction to Arthur (betrayal) Eenie meenie....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome GIF, but yeah I liked the backward aging Merlin as well. It reminded me of a Benjamin Button-ish. The sass factor just added a new portrayal of Merlin, which was pretty entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found Gwen betraying Arthur with Morgan to be the oddest twist in the whole story (if I ignore the whole demons and time jumping details). The wife of a politician doing something sneaky? Sure. But with Morgan?? I imagine there is an explanation for it elsewhere in the story, but that's cold.

    ReplyDelete