Friday, May 2, 2014

Favorite Arthur Text

            As I sit at my desk finishing the last few assignments of the semester, I am amazed at the amount of texts that we've somehow managed to power through, despite the incredible amount of snow days. Though all of these texts are on the same subject (more or less), there are certainly those that stand out against the others. To me, T. H. White's The Once and Future King, was just that. The amount of gorgeous details is what really sold it to me. Anything that is this descriptive is my guilty pleasure, and ultimately what inspires my own writing. As someone in class said, (I apologize for not remembering who) reading this book was like reading a Disney movie. How much better than that can you get?

          I want to thank each and every one of you for making this such a wonderful class, especially you, Dr. MB. I really and truly enjoyed it, and I hope to see many of you in the coming semesters.

5/5

3 comments:

  1. I agree, I loved all the quirky-ness and the humor involved. Watching the Sword in the Stone and reading the chapter that went along with the movie went hand in hand. It was a really fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I normally hate when authors begin to get uber descriptive, I have to agree, White does a hell of a job. When he describes in detail the armor of the knights, what jousting was really like, and the descriptions of cast
    Es and fortresses, I think it fills in a lot of details missing in previous legends and, for me atleast, helps place me in that world

    ReplyDelete
  3. While reading T.H. White's The Once and Future King, I loved the description. It made me wish that I was actually there and I usually skip over all of the description because I usually think its pointless.

    ReplyDelete