Friday, May 2, 2014

Idylls of a Student

Avalon High was an interesting take on King Arthur…felt like the ending was awkward. I simply didn’t like the “happily ever after” ish ending. Other than the ending, I enjoyed reading the book. It was entertaining, silly and a very light read. *sighs* So this is the end of King Arthur, an end of an interesting class and end of a semester…the last semester of my college career. It’s a weird feeling to be graduating, like…hmm, what’s next? In a weird way I feel like me finishing college and the Idylls of a King story have something in common. The way it ended with Bedievere looking over the ocean and once the sight of Arthur disappeared, he felt that that was the end of a previous life and the sun rising was a new world… Yeah this is definitely corny. Yeah, ending college is kinda like that. Nostalgic, confusing, at first terrifying… Well it’s been a really interesting class, so thanks everyone for the intriguing conversations. this is 5 out of 5

4 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with corny! I like the connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the connection was great! We are seniors, Amanda! We made it!. I also greatly enjoyed Avalon High. Yes, it had plenty of awkward and cheesy moments, but still entertaining nonetheless! A great read to finish off the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose Avalon High was a bit too cheesy and lighthearted! It was a very different spin to take on the tale of King Arthur.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also enjoyed Avalon High and thought it was too much of a happily ever after ending. Wasn't realistic, but neither was the whole book. But Ellie has to move. They won't be together for the rest of their lives. I wanna know more. Cheesy right? Well, I do wish you well with life after graduation. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete